Easy 4 Ingredient Granola Bars
I'm mixing it up a bit with another recipe post. If you missed the last recipe I posted a couple months ago, check those delectable bars here!
No Bake 4 Ingredient Granola Bars, how can you go wrong? These bars are super easy, made with common ingredients and are even pretty healthy!
I originally made these one day when I was too lazy to go grocery shopping but needed something to eat while I was on the road all day. I knew there had to be something I could make with the few staple ingredients I had in my cupboard. I was delighted to find these bars containing only oatmeal, honey, peanut butter and chocolate chips. All major staples in my kitchen! :)
Recipe found on the Practical Stewardship blog:
- 4 cups old fashioned oats (I actually used quick oats but either would work)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup + 2T honey
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (use dark to make bars healthier)
- Heat peanut butter and honey over medium heat in a large pot until well combined and heated through. No boiling necessary. Remove from heat.
- Add oats and chocolate chips to the peanut butter/honey mixture. Stir until well combined, chocolate chips will melt and mix into the oats.
- Press mixture firmly into a greased 9x13 pan. Make sure bars are well compacted so they will hold together when cut.
- Cool bars for 10 minutes and cut into desired size pieces
- in step 2, you could let the bars cool some so the chocolate doesn't melt and is left as whole chocolate chips instead
- These would be delicious with other ingredients added in as well, how yummy would coconut or chopped nuts taste? :)
Let me know how they turn out for you!
xoxo -Natalie Carolyn